Cargo Pit Seam Tape
P-629 is a modified acrylic, flame retardant single sided glass cloth tape that is primarily used in the aerospace markets.
- Provides a flame retardant barrier over Tedlar (PVF) cargo pit panel seams.
- Our glass cloth backing is conformable for use over contoured surfaces like mechanical fasteners.
- P-629 comes with liner. P-629SL is a Skip-slit liner to allow an easier application for areas such as corners or seams and P-629PRL is printed with our company name.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Bright white glass cloth backing blends well with Tedlar (PVF) cargo liner panels.
- Our cargo pit seam tape has a bright blue PE liner that increases ease of application
- The glass cloth backing makes for a conformable application over contoured surfaces.
- Our modified acrylic adhesive bonds very well to new and worn Tedlar (PVF) cargo liner panels.
- This tape has been formulated without Penta, Octa or Deca Bromated Diphenyl Ether according to EU directive 2003/11/EC regarding council directive 76/769/ECC.
- Environmental benefits due to a formulation avoiding heavy metals such as Antimony Trioxide.
- Abrasion resistant and outstanding durability.
|Note: The above are typical values and should not be used in writing specifications. Customer is responsible to ensure product meets intended application requirements before approved for use.
|Backing material||Glass Cloth|
|Adhesive||Modified acrylic, flame retardant|
|Color||White with blue liner|
|Total Tape Thickness||6.8 mils / 0.152 mm|
|Adhesion to Steel||45 oz./in / 3.81 N/10 mm|
|Adhesion to PV||30 oz/in / 3.81 N/10mm|
|Government Specifications||(P-629SL & P-629PRL) FAR 25.853/ FAR 25.855|
|Boeing Specifications||BMS 5-146 TYPE I, CLASS 1, GRADE A|
|Airbus Specifications||(P-629) ABS 5649 / ABD 0031, Para 7.3.2 & Para 7.4|
|GENERAL STORAGE CONDITIONS||Best stored between 50°F-80ºF / 10°C80ºF / 10°C-27ºC, 25-50% relative humidity; out of direct sunlight.50% relative humidity; out of direct sunlight.|